Before your Treatment
- Avoid sun exposure for up to 4 weeks prior to your treatment.
- Do not use tanning beds or spray-on tan for 4 weeks before your treatment.
- Avoid all retinol products or exfoliants for one week in the area where the treatment will be performed.
- Avoid any medication that can cause your skin to be photosensitive for up to 10 days prior to your procedure. This includes antibiotics like doxycycline or minocycline.
- Remove any makeup, creams, and oils from your treatment area prior to your appointment.
After your Treatment
- Do not rub or scratch the treated area.
- If crusting or scabbing occurs, do not shave or pick the area. Apply a moisturizer to the area two to three times a day. Keep the area moist, and let the crusting or scabbing resolve on its own.
- Do not use any retinoids or exfoliants in the treated area for one week after the procedure.
- Avoid the sun as much as possible and use sun block liberally (30+ SPF).
- You may notice that sun spots and age spots darken after the IPL treatment. This is normal and they will eventually resolve. Do not pick at these spots.
- Contact the physician if you experience any blistering or increased pain.